PSCE Workshop: Beyond the Technical
On 4 June 2019, IN-PREP in cooperation with the Horizon 2020 project HEIMDALL organised a workshop entitled ‘Beyond the technical: legal, political, social and ethical considerations of transboundary cooperation‘, taking place during the PSCE Conference in Lancaster, UK.
This workshop tackled issues beyond the technical, and provided a forum for broader discussions about policy gaps, legal, societal, cultural and ethical challenges.
Topics and experiences of discussed included:
- Managing organisational responsibilities and procedures for transboundary collaboration
- Challenges and solutions for transboundary data management
- Legal and policy issues encountered when working across boundaries
- Strategies for effective response planning for transboundary collaboration
- Obstacles when using communication infrastructures and technologies in transboundary situations
- Success and struggles in cross-agency training
- Ethical, societal, and cultural issues encountered in transboundary planning and response
- Implementation of public warning and alerting systems in transboundary situations
- Security concerns when working on transboundary ICT for public safety